ourhistory

In 1958 Dr. Jerry Falwell established Elim Home as the first outreach ministry of Thomas Road Baptist Church. Elim Home was first located in Appomattox County and has since relocated to Amherst County, six miles north of Lynchburg. The home is located on property donated by Ray and Amanda Horsley, directors of the ministry from 1964-1984. Their son, David Horsley, joined the ministry in 1979, and was the director until his retirement in 2008. David’s wife Judy was the “voice on the other end of the phone line” for Elim Home until her retirement in 2011. Elim Home is currently under the leadership of Darryl Martin, who has been working at Elim since 2000 when he came on board as the Assistant Director. Darryl took over as Director in 2008.